MTN is one of the most popular Nigerian telecommunications firms. Moreover, it has earned millions of subscribers today. Since 2001, MTN has offered its customers various connectivity services. These services include SMS, voice calls, and data. Nowadays, MTN customers have various bundles to select from depending on their texting, browsing, and calling needs. Do you face a lack of service? Do you know how to avoid this service, and how to check MTN’s data balance? In this article, we will discuss how to know my MTN number.
What is an MTN Number?
MTN is one of the leading telecommunications firms in Nigeria. Since it entered the market, a lot of people have joined this firm. Moreover, it has been providing its customers with numerous connectivity services for many years. Customers can select their bundle of services depending on their browsing, calling, and texting requirements. MTM comes with many options for customers to select from when checking their data balances.
What are the Best Possible Ways to check your MTN Number?
There are several possible ways through which you can easily check your MTN data balance.
1. You must have the messaging app on your mobile phone.
2. Click on the ‘’Create New Message’’.
3. Insert the recipient number, 131.
4. Type 2
5. Send an SMS or message.
6. Consequently, you will receive a text message with your data balance.
Dial USSD Code *559#:
1. You should open the dialer app on your cell phone. To check the MTN data balance, you should start dialing the USSD code.
2. Dial the code *559#, and choose option 4.
3. A pop-up message will display the Current balance data on your screen.
4. You will get a text message displaying your data balance immediately after the pop-up message.
You should dial *123# and choose the ‘’’ Data Balance’’ option. This is probably the quickest and easiest method to check your MTN data balance. You will be presented with a list of options if you dial the code from your MTN mobile phone. Choose the ‘’Data Balance’’ option that will display your current data balance on the screen. You may be given the option to purchase your additional data or view your data balance history.
Via the MyMTN App:
You can download the MyMTN app from the app store if you have a smartphone. If you sign-up for your account, you can view your account information and data balance. The app allows you to manage your account settings, purchase additional data, and view your data usage history.
Call MTN Customer Care at 180:
You can call MTN’s customer care line at 180 if you prefer to speak with a customer service representative. If you want to know your data balance then explain it to the representative, so they will provide it to you.
Check your Mobile Phone Settings:
You may view your data balance in the device’s settings while using a smartphone. On an Android cell phone, visit ‘’Settings’’ > ‘’Data Usage to view your usage history and data balance.
What are the Best Possible Ways to conserve your Data and Avoid Overages?
There are several ways through which you can conserve your data and avoid overages.
1. You should turn off your data if you are not using it. This will prevent apps from using data without your knowledge.
2. Use Wi-Fi if it is possible. You should use a Wi-Fi network as compared to your mobile data.
3. Set data alerts and limits. Most smartphones alert you to track your usage and allow you to set data limits. Your phone will send you an alert to let you know, if you reach your limit.
4. You should use data-saving apps. These apps will help you save data by compressing pictures and other data. Most importantly, it can also block unwanted data usage.
In addition to these, you should ensure that either you have enough data to meet your needs and avoid overages or not. Check your data balance daily and take measures to manage your data usage to acquire the most out of your MTN plan.
Is It Possible to Check Your MTN Number in Nigeria?
Here, is how to check MTN data balance in Nigeria.
1. Via USSD Code *559#
It is a quite simple method to check your MTN data balance. Once you are done with the process, your current balance will promptly appear on the screen.
How to Check your Mobile Data Usage and Stop Wasting your MB?
- You need to open the dialer app on your mobile phone. Start dialing the USSD code on your mobile to check the MTN data balance.
- Dial the code *559#, and choose option 4. Moreover, you can also dial *559*4# to make things easier.
- You will get a pop-up message on your screen, showing your current data balance.
- A text message showing the data balance will be sent to the customer shortly after the pop-up message.
2. Via USSD Code *131#
The *131# code is dedicated to checking virtually every balance type on the network. On the contrary, the *559# can be used to check internet services. You need to follow some steps, if you want to check your balance.
- Open the dialer app on your mobile phone. Start dialing the USSD code.
- Dial the co and choose option 4.
- A pop-up message showing your current balance will be displayed on your screen.
- You will get a text message shortly after the pop-up message, showing your current balance.
How to Check NIN Number through MTN Chatbot?
Zigi is the company’s digital assistant that can respond to basic customers’ queries and help them with services, products, and service activations. The chatbot is in English and can be used by MTN non-customers and customers. It is important to note that an internet connection is a must while Zigi does not require one to have airtime. For more questions, an individual does not need to be registered with the chatbot service. You can authenticate your details through an OTP for any kind of purchase.
How to Access the MTN Chatbot?
- Via Zigi Telegram account
- · Via the official Zigi Facebook Messenger page
- · Via the official Zigi Whatsapp Chat page
- · Via the official MTN Nigeria website
How to Check MTN Data Bonus Balance?
There are many options available for you. However, in any case, you can contact the company’s customer care and enquire about your balance. You should dial 180 on your mobile phone. Consequently, you will be referred to an agent or Zigi if there is one available.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Can I Check My MTN Number by Using USSD Code?
You should simply dial the *310# on your mobile to check your MTN data balance. A message will be displayed on your screen after a few seconds, showing the quantity of data you left.
How to know My MTN number through SMS?
You should send the word ‘Status’ to 131 to check your MTN data balance. A message will be displayed on your screen, showing your remaining data balance.
How to know my MTN number via MyMTN App?
MyMTN app is a solid platform through which you can check your data balance. You will see your remaining data balance from the dashboard if you download the app and log in.
How to know my MTN data balance? MTN is one of the leading telecommunication firms functioning in Nigeria. Moreover, this firm earned millions of subscribers within a short while. There are several ways through which you can check MTN data balance. You can dial a USSD code *131# and *559# or insert SMS etc. In addition to these, you can conserve your data and avoid overages by following our instructions. For more info visits https://mindtechies.com/.