A multi channel home theatre is essential for the cinematic effect in your home theaters. The overall theater system comprise of speaker’s, connecting wires, display and sources. Theater Pack 5.1 & other 7.1, 2.0, 2.1 are useful multi channel systems. It enhances the sound quality for watching the contents.
This article will highlight all the types, components & alternative options of multichannel systems. However it will include the top 5 best home theater systems that you should go for.
What Is Multi Channel Home Theatre?
Basically these are the specific home theatre systems. Actually these are containing the multiple speaker systems that are stimulating the surround sound effects. However they comprise 5 speakers and subwoofers. They are actually creating the complete theater effect on your home. It actually gives the excellent sound quality whenever you are playing video games, watching movies & listening to the audio tracks.
Important Components & Parts Of Multi Channel Home Theatre
Actually there is a complete need for some parts for the home theatre. However when you have this system you also need some other components as well. Additionally you can purchase its separate parts & buy in a set as well. However it’s the more affordable set. This facility is available in the home theatre in a box (HTib). For that purpose you need following;
1. Main part: speaker
2. Display device
4. Speaker wires & interconnects
5. Power manager
It’s the essential part for hearing. However this system comprise of overall 5 speakers.
- Right speaker
- Left speaker
- Center one
- 2 speaker’s are surrounding it
However in order to increase the sound quality people can also add a subwoofer system. Moreover it gives great bass production & overall good quality.
however some of the systems include the sound bar instead of speaker’s. Basically they provide you multi channel & stereo audio. Due to this season they are called the 5.1 system.
3.1 System: Additionally you can also purchase the 3.1 system. However they don’t contain the surrounding speaker’s in it. Moreover it includes the center, right & left speaker only.
7.1 System: However this system contains the extra surrounding speaker’s. These are basically for the back audience. Both of these systems are customizable.
However there are other layout options that you can also choose. That might be 7.2, 9.1, 6.1 and 5.2.
Display Device For Streaming
In order to organize a home theatre the other main thing is streaming screens. Basically you need it to watch different types of content for the home theatre system. However it should be anything like a TV screen or projector.
Whenever you choose to make a home theatre it’s the most important thing. Moreover for that purpose you have to use a source that can perfectly work with the sound system. Additionally it can be a source like the content that you need to watch here. Moreover you need any kind of online streaming platform that can be useful to watch it. You can also use platform like;
- Amazon prime video
- Apple TV
Basically these are sources that are played on the blu-ray disc. Additionally these are also supportive towards the multi channel audio streaming features.
Source & Multichannel Audio
However you can also check their compatibility as well. Basically these multi channel audio are supportive to the following labels.
1. Dolby Digital Plus signify 5.1
2. Dolby Digital 5.1
Multiple multi channel sound formats are actually supportive to the sources that are;
2. Dolby Atmos
Speaker Wires & Interconnects
In order to complete the system you must have the Speaker wires & interconnects. However you need this system according to your space and speaker’s position.
List of important cables
- HDMI cables
- Ethernet cable
- Subwoofer cable
- Speaker cables
The most important thing is the power manager. As a result you need a strong power connection to make them work. For that purpose you have to connect the system to the right electrical connection.
External Devices For Movie Streaming
In order to stream movies you can have the following:
It includes the devices like Hulu, Netflix, Roku, Amazon prime video and other’s.
Most of the apps are now tv based.
Media Streamer Option
NVIDIA SHIELD & Apple TV 4K have these streaming abilities.
It allows the UHD movies & tv shows to play at high quality.
Additionally you need the cable box to watch your favorite contents.
Reliable Company Names
- Bowers & Wilkins
Different Types Of Multi Channel Home Theatre
Categories of surround sound system multi channel home theatre
Basically they can be classified according to different perspectives. However, the basis of speaker’s type is most common.
No. Of satellite units = no. before decimal
Amount of for bass = no. after decimal
Categories Of Surround Sound Systems For Channels
|True Surround Sound System||Virtual Surround Sound System|
2.0 Stereo System Home Theater System
- First of all, this system is multi-channel. Moreover it has 2 sound channel’s. Actually these are with the sound bar, left & right speakers. Basically these are powered by amplifiers or receivers. However they don’t support the subwoofers. Moreover they are a good option to hear the improved sounds. Moreover it has easy to set up features. Additionally it is a great working alternative to televisions default speakers.
2.1 Stereo System Theater System
Basically it’s the upgraded version of the stereo system 2.0. Moreover it has the subwoofer system that is helpful for the high bass reproduction. However due to the lack of a surround system they are unable to deliver the surround sound. However it’s good to develop the sounds with the quality of deeper frequencies. That is basically good for the movies.
10.2 Home Theater System
- Basically it has the double subwoofers.
- Additionally it includes the seven front channels inside it.
- Actually it’s not too good a configuration. It is created due to the doubling of the 5.1 system twice.
- Moreover it is created as a result of THX engineers.
- It is commonly used in high quality and in top movie theaters.
7.1 Theatre System For Homes
- Multi channel sound system
- Moreover it has 2 additional types of surround back speakers.
- They are a popular system layout that has excellent sound.
- It has the sense of directionality.
- Moreover it’s placement is similar to the layout of 6.1.
Best Location: it should be in the direction of 150° behind the audience. However the surrounding speaker’s mount at 90°.
6.1 Multi Channel System
- Actually these are the upgrade system of the 5.1.
- Moreover they are present with the extra surround back speaker.
- Additionally it has a high and defined sound quality.
- Speaker placement is also similar to the 5.1 system.
5.1 Multi Channel System
- It has the common setup that features a subwoofer & five channels.
- Moreover it has the speakers’ surround pair according to the rear side of the audience.
- From the center of the speaker the right & left speaker’s rotate at 30°.
- They are also supported by various online streaming platforms.
3.1 Multi-Family System
- First of all this system contains left, right, center channels.
- Moreover it includes a deep frequency subwoofer.
- Additionally the center of the speaker is responsible for dialogue & vocals.
|It has high great quality, 10″ subwoofer & easy setup system.|
Best location: Basically it includes the front screen to be placed in the middle of the room.
What Is Dolby Atmos?
Basically it is the new trend in the sound system. Moreover with the help of overhead speakers it created 3d sound.
For example if you have the 5.1 or 7.1 surround system with the speakers settings it becomes 5.1 or 7.1 Dolby Atmos.
How To Choose The Right Multi Channel Home Theatre?
First of all if you think about purchasing it then you have to consider some points. Moreover you should buy it using;
- Room size
- Type of the system
- Easiness of installation
- Sound quality
Size & Type of the system
First of all you must check and type the size of this system accordingly. However in most of the cases 5.1 multichannel is a perfect choice.
Easiness Of Installation
It’s important to know what you are looking for in a theater system. Moreover you have to make a plan and buy according to this. Try to use it according to the furniture style. However larger systems are even harder to install and work.
It’s the most important factor that you consider when buying a product.
you have to check the range, frequency and speaker’s sensitivity. However you should purchase this according to the affordable prices.
Guidelines For Multi Channel Home Theatre System Placement
Basically it’s important to hear and experience realistic music. As a result here are some of its guidelines that are;
- Position these according to angles of sitting areas for covering maximum audience.
- Moreover you have to place the center speaker below or above from the display.
- Mount the Dolby Atmos / overhead speakers in the ceiling.
- However the placement of the subwoofer depends on the position and type of room.
Additional Equipment Of Speakers System
You can also consider other equipments that are including;
- Comfortable Seating management
- Cable management
- Acoustic treatments
- Surge protector
Advantages & Disadvantages Of Multi Channel Home Theatre.
However these systems are actually good to use. However you might find its other options better than it.
1. Sound Bar System
- Basically it has multiple channels & built in speakers.
- Moreover it provides better sound quality than a tv system.
- They are easy to install.
- Moreover it’s performance is almost equal to the multi channel system.
- It is an affordable product.
2. Regular Stereo System Theaters
- They feature 2 speakers that are available on the sides of the display screen.
- However with the use of a subwoofer its quality increases.
- Basically they have the wireless speakers that are active in it.
- Moreover the wireless speakers require an AVR or amp to work.
Budget Friendly Products
1. Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System
2. Yamaha YHT-4950U
3. Denon AVR-S660H AV Receiver + Monoprice HT-35 Premium 5.1-Channel Home Theater System
5 Best Multichannel System For Parties & Homes
1. Logitech Z906 5.1 Speaker System
- Basically it comes with multiple input options.
- Moreover it’s available with the remote control feature.
- THX certified
- Dolby digital sound
2. Rockville HTS56 1000w 5.1 System
- It has 4 different light modes in which there are 7 color displays.
- Moreover there are multiple input options.
- Basically it comes with the mountain gears.
- Additionally it has the independent volume control feature.
- However it doesn’t have any HDMI connectivity.
- It requires regular & continuous sound adjustments.
3. Klipsch Black Reference Theater Pack 5.1
- First of all, this system is easy to install.
- Moreover it is compact, small & stylish.
- However it is slightly expensive.
- Tractrix Horn technology
- It’s good for small to medium size rooms.
4. Nakamichi Shockwafe Ultra 9.2.4 Theatre System
- It has a solid build design.
- Moreover it has dual wireless subwoofers.
- Additionally it has 18 drivers.
- However it doesn’t work well with the stereo sound system.
- It is a useful setup system.
- Moreover it’s the best multichannel system with the addition of soundbar feature.
5. VIZIO SB36514-G6 36″ 5.1.4 Premium Home Theater With The Addition Of Wireless Subwoofers & Dolby Atmos
- It’s a great sound system with the Dolby Atmos.
- Moreover it allows the multi room streaming features.
- Additionally it has a good looking and sleek design.
- You will not receive any kind of problem with this system.
- However it effectively works with the Chromecast.
What Is Multi-Channel Surround?
Most of the surround systems are actually 5 or more audio channels. Moreover they also include the subwoofer & 2 rear speakers.
How Many Channels Is Best For Home Theater?
Whenever it comes to the best theatre set-up you can consider the 7.1 & 5.1. Basically this 7.1 system consists of 2 back, two side, 1 center channel, subwoofer.
What Is The Perfect Home Theatre Size?
Basically the recommended size of a perfect theater is 24 ft X 15ft that is available with the 9ft ceiling height.
Multi channel home theatre is a good option to get entertainment like theaters. However 16:9 ratio is basically ideal for the home theater size. Additionally you need the multi channel surround system overall. However you need a proper set-up system. Moreover this multichannel system consists of receiver, speaker’s, display device, source and other equipment. However if you are looking to create such a system purchase all the products carefully. Additionally you should pick an affordable multi channel system to work properly.
For more info must visit mindtechies.com